Search This Blog

0 comments

Rituparna Sengupta without bra showing big butt just like Vidya Balan's no bra pose in a magazine. compare it with Rituparna Sengupta's 'sensuous look' for Agnidev Chatterjee's " Charulata 2011". From Vidya's curled hair, her posture and her backless choli to her bordered white sari, jhumka and anklet, everything is inspired by Vidya's look. The only difference is that Vidya went for a green-and-white combination, while Rituparna flaunts a red-and-white look (complete with alta).

When Agnidev was asked about this 'inspiration', he said, "My film is about a new-age Charulata. It has very little to do with Ray's cinema or Tagore's Nastanir. We wanted a contemporary look. The emotions are strong and bold. Rituparna's character is into a reasonably successful marriage - except for the fact that she is sexually starved in the relationship. This look is from a dream sequence when she is hospitalized after a miscarriage. During the dream, she feels undressed. Rituparna and I sat together and decided on this look."

But is he aware of the similarities with Vidya's look? "No, I am not aware of that. References might be there. Please speak to my photographer, Somnath Roy," he said.
Roy said: "I was given a brief and I merely executed it technically. The styling was done by Sandy. I've no idea about Vidya's photoshoot. I'm in Visakhapatnam now and if I can get Internet access, I'll take a look at the magazine cover. I was under the impression that the shoot was being conceived on the lines of Raja Ravi Varma's paintings."
Said Sandy, "My brief was to create a look of a daring Bong woman. I was asked to stick to the red-and-white colour scheme. We did various shoots and these two were part of them. I made Ritu wear a belly chain, sankha and pola, curled her hair and used extensions. As for resemblances with Vidya's shoot, it's purely coincidental. I've only seen one Vidya photo from her backless shoot where she's standing wearing a green choli. I've not seen the other photos."

Rituparna, too, claimed she was unaware of Vidya's photos. "This look is very artistic. It's part of a dream sequence and will be used in case of some specific parts of the film. The makers had brought a sketch of the kind of look they wanted. I knew that my hair would be curled. But, I'm not aware of Vidya's shoot. I've never seen that. Even if anyone used that as a reference, I am unaware of it."

CT got in touch with Vidya's spokesperson, who said, "We've seen both the photos. The look is exactly similar. There was a time when Vidya was criticized for her look and now people are following her. It's flattering to note that Vidya has become such a style icon that her look has inspired a Bengali movie.


Share this:
Spread the word, using :
Share/Save/Bookmark
Bookmark These:

Subscribe Using These:
Subscribe

0 comments

Post a Comment

2leep.com